Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Free to Serve!

What comes to mind when you think of the word freedom?

When I think of the United States, my adopted home, I think democracy. Red, white, blue. I even think of all the history lessons I've read/learned trying to catch up to those born here. I think of equality, citizenship. I also think of freedom to speak, to vote, to be part of a society.

When I think of the Dominican Republic, my first home, I think of freedom as the chance to leave my parents. The waited for moment when I got to choose my own life. I think of Jorge. I think of far away, a new culture, even a different language.

When I think of God, my forever deal, I think of eternity, truth, reality. I think of love and grace. I think of transformation and purpose. I think of high calling and royalty. The only ONE who made me free to be a servant by choice!

And the truth shall set you free!

No comments: