Thursday, April 03, 2008

A Friend is Always a Friend (Prov. 17:17)

Some friends don't help, but a true friend is closer than your own family. (Prov. 18:24)

The longer I live the smarter I get. Isn't that nice!? Really... I've come to realize that true friendship has very little to do with the time you spend with someone. It is more about the commitment of cheering someone on, even from a distance, even when things are not going so well.

I have been very blessed to have a few of those in my life. Just last night I realized how wonderful it is to be under their influence.

Thank you Heather! It doesn't matter how I feel, you always cheer me up and encourage me to press on. I know how busy you are, but you always have time for me. Just the fact that you wanted me to go to Italy so bad, like if it was your thing... gave me the courage to wish on and believe it can be.

Thank you Diana! It doesn't matter what it is, I can tell you about it. I can disturb your sleep, get you out of work, have you get on a plane, just because... you are my friend.

Thank you Mariela! I've never seen so much undeserved faithfulness. I've invested so little in your life, yet you are always sure to speak such beautiful and powerful words into my life. I am sure when your Mom looks down she has a huge smile on her face.

3 comments:

Heather Palacios said...

I had a great time yesterday. Even if you worked at the Wet-n-Wild CVS counter, I'd come hang w/ you. I love being where you are, you are a great friend.

Anonymous said...

No, thank you forgiving me an honest smile even when it is every once in a while.

Distance became just a word the day that God decided to put a special love for you and Jorge in my heart.

Mariella :o)

Danisa said...

Mari, I knew you'd find this note here. I love you! On my way to New Mexico, be back on Monday.