Thursday, May 21, 2009

Priorities

This past week a very important music conference took place in Miami. Jorge and I have attended this event for so many years that I can not remember exactly how many. This year, however, we decided to skip it.

Family time and commitments were far more important this time around. Also, I refused to take time off work.

What do you know? The one refusing to take a day off work did not think twice to take whatever time off when it came to be about her son.

Dan had to be admitted to the ICU with Kitoacidosis. Severe dehydration, protein in the urine, acids in the blood, high glucose in the blood, unstable heart, and on and on.

Thank God he is out of the ICU, but we are still here at the hospital. We might go home today and I am willing to take life without pay for my baby boy :)

No comments: