Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Which way are you going from here?

'Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?' 'That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat. 'I don't much care where --' said Alice. 'Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.'--so long as I get somewhere, ' Alice added as an explanation. Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

I don't want to just get somewhere. So to me, it makes a difference which way I take so I can end where I want to go. You must be clear where you want to go so you don't get confused on your way there. I am reminded of Moses leading the Israelites into the Promise Land. He was clear that was his final destination. He consulted God for the strategies on how to get there. The route God gave him didn't look right, but he followed it.

You must be pretty certain God has mapped out your route so you can follow it even when it looks like you are going away from it. You must hang out with him to know for sure this is the right way.

Only then, you could be facing your worse enemy and destruction, feeling trapped and helpless, yet see your Deliverer open the red sea and make a dry path for you to get to YOUR Promise Land. My pastor talked about this the other day and it stayed with me. Only God can bring you to the other side. Why not trust Him with our destiny?

Dear God, I know where I am going, would You help me get there? And, please help my friends know where they are going and to trust you to take them there. Amen

1 comment:

Pris said...

Great word Miss Fabulous!!! I needed it...
I appreciate you very much. Xoxo