Thursday, January 03, 2008

Are you a gift returner or a gift keeper?
Well, let's see! How many trips have you given to the mall to return or exchange gifts? Since I have been working at the mall I could say none to return. It would be true, because the main reason I go is to work. Now, did I exchange or return any gifts during my stay... that's another blog!

The truth is that I've had the opportunity to see how easily people reject/exchange a gift. They walk up to the register and simply say "this was a gift and I don't like it, or it doesn't work for me" and that's it.

It stroke me in a very special way this season. How much thought, or care, or money is put into giving a gift, for it not to be received. I am aware that many times we don't even find out, but still, our gift hasn't been apreciated.

I think of the many gifts God has given me and question myself... did he see me exchange it at the mall?

I did take the gift of salvation, but... what about the gift of mercy? Did I exchange it for another gift that suit me better? I don't know, maybe I need to examine more closely all the gifts God has given me and make sure I find a use for them in my life and not return them when he is not looking.

What gifts has he given you? Are you going to keep them?

Dear God, help us count our blessings each morning and to remember that every perfect gift comes from you! Amen.

1 comment:

Heather Palacios said...

Great post; Great point.
Thank you for opening my eyes to it!