Saturday, October 11, 2008

Talking & not communicating
I've been following the development of a relationship between 2 friends very closely. Being married for almost 20 years comes in handy at times.
We (Jorge & I) laugh at so many things before they take place, only because we've been there done that.
Sometimes it is cute to see the nervous reaction of their body language, or the defensive phrases not to give themselves up. It is hilarious.
But, having counsel so many couples through the years, there is still a big mystery or question on my mind. Why is it that people at this stage talk, talk, talk and communicate so little? It kills me how they assume to know this or that of the other person, and clearly don't. I guess it is part of the process, if you survive all the initial mis-communication, then you can survive a lifelong relationship.
What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Post.

Blessings.