Wednesday, January 21, 2009

No thank you!

I am the kind of person who does not like to say no. Even though I am not a "pleaser" I like to work things out with others so that with a little compromise from here and there we might all be happy.
Now, when it comes to authority figures, it is a little bit more difficult. Telling a teacher "you are wrong" is not so easy. Or telling your boss. Or maybe a doctor.

Well, I am very proud of myself and I'll tell you why. This lady doctor we got for my daughter was a bit eccentric for my taste. There was something about her I couldn't quite put my finger on it. My daughter didn't like her at all. So I decided to make a minor,nice, careful, little comment about it to the doctor. Not only was she very defensive but, rude. You know what?! I decided to cancel the appointment and chose a new doctor.

No thank you!

Is there anyone in your life making you feel uncomfortable the wrong way? Who do you need to get rid of?

1 comment:

Heather Palacios said...

Good 4 u. Its called woman-intuition and God is the Giver of it. He sure does love his princesses, eh??