Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The thief

Did you ever wake up as a child, in the middle of the night, thinking someone broke into the house and was headed to your room?
I remember hearing the steps. Slow and steady steps. And even though I was covered under the blanket head to toe, my eyes couldn't close any harder. I could hear my heart pounding wanting to leave my chest. But then I can't remember anymore. I am not sure if I would fall back sleep or what...
Thinking about it reminds me that at times, very much like in childhood, we panic at some "thief" we hear coming. The steps sound very real but at the end... what happens at the end? Many times there is only the threat or the illusion.
I am sure of one thing. If that "thief" is ever real, I know someone who is watching over me to protect me, to defend me, and to rescue me. He never fails.

2 comments:

Heather Palacios said...

Very true. The bible even talks about this thief. But it also says that greater is HE that is in this world. Good post, amiga

Anonymous said...

Great post sister Danisa.

Its great to know the HE will protect us.

Blessings.