Friday, February 06, 2009

Fireproof


Of course I watched the movie! I went to the theaters when it came out and we pre-order it to support it. Now we are telling all our friends about it. It made us cry. And then I have been thinking....

Is your marriage fireproof? I dare say mine is. Because of me? Nope. Because of Jorge? Definetely not. If it depended on us, our marriage might not even be in existance today. I am not sure. 20 years is a long time. There are so many flaws in both of us. Gosh, we could be so complex at times. I am not sure we could have survived each other if it weren't for God's mercy. His grace, his guidance, his strength. He has been the best ally to our relationship. We are even happy! People can't believe we are so in love. But yes, we are. And the best part of it is that we don't have to fear it will change, because it does not depend on us. Yes, we have to work at it and want to do well, but God takes care of the rest.


Thank you God for giving me something that is real, actually, someone who is real. Thank you because he made a promise to you that he'd be by me til we die and he is even happy about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.