Monday, August 13, 2007

Have you ever gotten skinier by calling someone else fat?

Man, I wish you could because if it worked out that way I'd be "Latin Barbie."

But why is that? I mean, not that it doesn't work, but that we do that? We call other people stupid because that makes us feel smarter. We spoil other people's lives hoping to feel better, but our lives are unchanged.

Looking back I can see that anytime I see myself reflected in the mirror of somebody else's life and I don't like what I see, I attack. I get defensive. I feel insecure. Rather than facing the problem inside of me I tend to push it away into somebody else. It is only when I get "naked" and real when I realize the dark spots inside that need to be brought into the light.

My heart needs to be in constant check. This rotten human nature is constantly playing tricks on me. I thank God that he doesn't allow my name calling to make me better. It would be so unfair to so many!

This gives me an idea. Let's kill bad with good. Let's do lots a good name calling. I am sure it is going to boost me up.

Dear God, I commit to good name calling this week. Please give me lots of names to call.

No comments: