Saturday, October 06, 2007

I AM AFRAID!

This is supposed to be a spooky month...
But, the truth is that I am not afraid of the skeletons hanging on my neighbor's trees or siting on their front yards. I am afraid of the ones hiding in my closet threatening to come out.

I am a big girl now. I am not afraid of the dark. I am afraid that in my lack of faith my light might not shine bright enough.

I don't believe in big monsters. But, I am afraid if I don't stay put and close to God I might become one.

I am not afraid to open my door because something creepy and scary might come in. I am afraid that something ugly and slimy might come out.

I am not afraid of horror tales. I am afraid of the stories my mind could create and make me believe.

I am afraid God! But I know even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely true. Other people don't scare me. I can scare myself especially when I am not carefull to be with the Lord as I should.

Rhonda said...

Danisa,

Thanks for your honesty and openness about our lives as Believers. God says that "out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks." I, too, fear the monsters of my own dark unredeemed spaces. Especially when God has entrusted ministry to us, we can fear the monsters of our own making. Fortunately, He is able to take care of that which belongs to Him (namely us) and will empower us to do that which He has given us to do (ministry). So, Fear Not ... The Father is with us and will see us through to the day of Christ's return.

I remember what you once told me as we literally walked through a dark path while on a retreat. You told me "Things are less scary in the dark if we hold hands." Here's my hand. :) Love you and miss you my sister, my friend.