Thursday, September 06, 2007

BLAME

By far the easiest way out.
Lamest excuse for our own screw-ups.
A natural instinct to avoid responsibility.
Mutilation of the senses.
Extortion of the truth.

I could say to be a victim of blame, but that would be blaming it for my participation in its game. Rather I should say I've tried to solve some of life's challenges by blaming something or someone. The result, unresolved issues, lies and pretenses. Have you ever considered that blaming does not fix the problem. It doesn't even make it better. In most cases it makes it worse.

When my best friend from high school and I distanced from each other I blamed it on a lie someone told me. I believed it and moved on leaving my loved friend behind. A few years down the road I felf her absence on my wedding day. She was not my maid of honor. Even then, I didn't face the issue. It took me long years to realize what I had lost and that no one was to be blamed but myself. To have the courage to see her and talk about our differences and come to a reconciliation was more difficult than blaming a third person.

God, thank you for godly confrontation and for the nakedness of the heart. I didn't get my friend back, but this time I knew it was not in my hands.

Wherever you are, I love you. I still think of you and remember our grown ups adventures! I know how great you were to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Preach it honey! That is soooo true! I love how real you are 100% of the time! You have a friend forever and always in me...no matter what happens, ain't no gettin rid of this chic! :o)